At Shelby's Eden Pet Resort we freely acknowledge and willingly accept the serious responsibility involved in the care of your beloved pets. As a part of that responsibility, we are committed to treating your pets like family, just as we do our own. Our goal is to provide your pet with the best boarding experience possible. Pets are monitored at all times when playing in the outdoor yard area. We remind you that Shelby's Eden Pet Resort is a home occupation and we may on occasion leave the premises unattended for periods of time not to exceed two consecutive hours, and presumably will be asleep during the night. No pet is ever left outdoors when we are away from the premises or sleeping. Dogs sleep in their own designated room within the home, and which is attached to the owners living space, or even within the owners own living space. Cats are confined to their condos at 10:00 pm in the guesthouse behind the owners home after which time sound will be monitored. The contract as stated below is standard for any boarding facility. Please read it carefully, print, sign, and bring with you. Contracts are also available at the facility for you to sign at check-in, or can be brought to you for signing in the event you are using our pick up services.
This is a contract between Shelby's Eden Pet Resort & Services, a licensed business operating with a home occupation permit, and the pet owner(s) whose signature appears below (hereinafter called “Pet Owner”)
1. Pet Owner represents that they are the sole or joint owner of the above named pet.
2. Pet Owner agrees to pay all scheduled boarding fees and pick-up or drop-off charges upon pick up of their pet(s). Any additional nights will be at the regular boarding rate in effect from the date pet is checked in.
3. Any pet whose vaccination records are incomplete or outdated or is found to have parasites will not be allowed to interact with other boarding pets. In emergency boarding situations, instructions must be left with the Pet Owner’s preferred veterinarian to allow Shelby's Eden Pet Resort and it's owners to obtain the necessary vaccination records if needed. At no time will any pet be allowed into the general facility population until it has been determined that it will cause no hazard to other pets.
5. Pet Owner agrees to allow their pet to socialize with other pets of the same size and temperament at the discretion of Shelby's Eden Pet Resort and its owners, unless stated otherwise at the time boarding arrangements are made.
6. The owners of Shelby's Eden Pet Resort shall exercise the most competent care for any and all boarding pets and shall at all times place the welfare of said pets above all other considerations. In the event of any pet's illness, injury, escape, or death while boarding at Shelby's Eden Pet Resort, or as a result of boarding at Shelby's Eden Pet Resort, it is expressly agreed by the Pet Owner and Shelby's Eden Pet Resort and it's owners that Shelby's Eden Pet Resort and it's owner’s liability shall in no event exceed $200.
7. If pet becomes ill or incurs an injury while boarding at Shelby's Eden Pet Resort, every effort will be made to contact Pet Owner. If Pet Owner cannot be contacted or if the owners of Shelby's Eden Pet Resort determine it is an emergency situation that requires professional attention, Shelby's Eden Pet Resort will engage the services of a veterinarian. Owner’s preferred veterinarian will be used if possible. Owner agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Shelby's Eden Pet Resort and it's owners harmless from and against any and all loss, cost, expense, claim, damage or liability or responsibility arising from such emergency veterinary treatment. Pet Owner agrees to pay the veterinary costs incurred up to a maximum of $_____________. There will be no maximum if none is stated.
9. Any pet left more than 10 days past the agreed pick-up date with no contact or explanation to the owners of Shelby's Eden Pet Resort shall be deemed abandoned and the Pet Owner’s rights will be waived, giving Shelby's Eden Pet Resort the right to determine disposition of the pet.
10. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract shall be settled by arbitration. The arbitrator shall, as part of his award, determine an award to the prevailing party of the costs of such arbitration and reasonable attorney’s fees of the prevailing party.
11. This Contract contains the entire agreement between the parties. All terms and conditions of this agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, and assigns of the owner of the boarding pet(s)..
Owner: ____________________________________ Date: _________________
Owner: _____________________________________ Date: _________________
Shelby's Eden Pet Resort & Services: _______________________________ Date: __________________